Monday, August 13, 2012

Goal: 365 Unique Egg Recipes


Welcome to "An Egg A Day," the documentation of my personal endeavor to make, photograph and post 365 unique egg recipes.  It is my personal belief that the egg is the most gloriously perfect food in the entire world.  Think about it - that little egg is a perfectly portioned, self-contained serving of protein, vitamins and more.  I mean, the stuff in there supports a growing creature for 21 days from conception to hatch!  Isn't that miraculous?  Oh yeah, and I'm totally biased because I think they are spectacularly delicious.  I love eggs so much that not only do I eat them every single day, but I keep my very own flock of super spoiled hens.  I like knowing that my eggs come from chickens who get fresh, tasty treats on a daily basis, have plenty of room to move around and scratch in the dirt, and have field trips to the compost pile to gorge on a smorgasbord of goodies. 

It is from my egg obsession that the idea sprang forth - I should explore all the many ways that eggs can be enjoyed!  Not only will I get to try new things, but hopefully when all is said and done I will have 365 very compelling reasons why everyone should get on the egg train.  Will I be posting one egg recipe a day?  No.  I work.  I work a lot.  However, I shall be sure to post at least one a week... I mean, I'll TRY to post at least once a week.  I live by the "under sell and over deliver" philosophy.  Also, I'm realistic.  Sometimes I like to spend my few hours of free time sitting comfortably on my couch, computer-free, watching Netflix with my husband.

So how's that for an introduction?  Short, sweet and to the point.  If my rambling has left you confused, I shall sum-up as follows:

1. I love eggs.
2. I plan to make 365 egg recipes.
3. Said recipes will be posted here.
4. Said recipes will be posted in my own time, when I feel like it.

I hope you enjoy reading about eggs as much as I enjoy eating them!

Love & Eggs,

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment